Friday, August 3, 2012

Cheesy Scones



I wanted to get back into baking and saw a relatively easy and quick recipe for Cheesy scones. I've never made scones so this was a first time thing for me, I did add and change a little bit of the recipe.

The ingredients are:
2 cups All purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup vegan butter or shortening
1/2 cup Daiya Cheddar style shreds
1 cup Soy Milk or other non-dairy substitute
*I added 1 tbsp of Flax and 1 tbsp of Nutritional yeast

For cooking instructions simply click on the link above which will take you to the page.

The one thing I swapped out was the Daiya Cheddar and I used the Daiya Mozarella instead. I had a package of mozzarella opened and figured I would use that up instead of opening the cheddar. As a whole it was really easy to make and came out good. My only complaint would be that it didn't rise as much as I would have liked (but that could be due to the thickness of when I rolled it out to cut) and it wasn't very  cheesy (but that's because I used the mozzarella instead of cheddar).


I'm definitely going to give this a try again and make my own adaptations.


No comments:

Post a Comment