Thursday, August 2, 2012

Update of Sorts

So I've found myself in a bit of a rut, food wise. At the beginning of my vegan journey I was so enthused about cooking new different dishes, and now I'm not. I keep blaming it on the season, saying because it is hot outside I don't want to cook anything too complicated. Honestly its a little bit of that mixed with allowing myself to get comfortable with minimal effort.

I find that my meals now (maybe 90%) center around rice and beans. Not that I don't like rice but it gets so boring eating it so much during the week that I've become uninterested in really cooking. It's become more of a need to eat to sustain myself rather than cook and eat because I like it. Nothing I've eaten has actually satisfied me in months, if I'm being honest the last time I had a satisfying meal was around Christmas.
I'm tired of not enjoying anything I eat, I should derive another emotion other than apathy.

So because of this I am going to make a huge effort into cooking again, I'm going to try out some recipes and see if I get that spark back. I have also been considering going Gluten-free and at least 50% Raw but rather than do them both I think I will have to try one at a time. I want to try Gluten-free first but something tells me that it will be harder for me to do than becoming 50% raw. Anyway everything in baby steps, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment