Saturday, October 22, 2011

Vegan Diet:Day 4

So today is my fourth day being Vegan and so far its been ok, although I have been craving sweets to be honest. This morning I had a smoothie consisting of a pear and pineapple with a little yogurt, both fruits balanced each other nicely. I have also been snacking on dried cranberries in between meals, they are just so tasty! For lunch I decided I wanted a bagel so I used some rice cheese,hummus and tomatoes.The combination is sooo good,normally I put some olive oil and vinegar on my tomatoes but today I only used salt and pepper. I bought these whole grain bagels that are soo soft and good, there only came three in the pack and I'm down to my last one. That means a grocery shopping trip is in order soon, I'm also running low on hummus. Also since I somehow missed that the rice cheese has dairy in it, so I have to get some daiya next time. I figured since its the first week I can just count it as weening off slowly, but next week no excuses. I figure I've been good at cutting it out dairy in everything else so I will allow myself this respite. I'm thinking to use it all I will make some lasagna tomorrow that way I won't have it around to use afterwards. 

I toasted my bagel a bit then placed some cheese atop
one side of the bagel.

Then I took my organic plain hummus and spread it atop 
the cheese.

Then I added some slices of tomato and sprinkled some
salt and pepper on top and put the top of the bagel on.

Some of the oats fell off the bagel but it still was delicious.

I cut it in half and enjoyed it with a nice cup of cold water.


Now I'm off to make myself some dinner, very simple meal in fact just some rice,beans and a salad. I'm taking advantage of the fact that there was already rice and beans cooked in my house, it takes the work out of thinking of what to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment