Thursday, January 12, 2012

Smoothies

I have been trying to get more fruits into my diet because I hardly eat them, so I have been making them into smoothies. I try to get my 5 a day but if not at least 3 is better than nothing. I've made two different kind of smoothies the last couple of days and besides that I have also been eating an insane amount of clementines. 

The first smoothie I made (which I like to make for the color honestly) is what I call my pink smoothie. It has strawberries, banana, pineapple, soy milk/yogurt and oats. I love oatmeal and since being vegan I have only made it once successfully so whenever I can put oats into a recipe I do. I did figure out the trick to get my oatmeal the consistency I want it to be, just like it was when I used regular cows milk but I'll do a post on that another time. 


Okay so the second smoothie that I've made contains blueberries, apple, banana, oats, soy milk/yogurt and some superfood. I bought an individual packet of a green superfood at wholefoods just to give it a try and see if I liked it. I blended everything together then at the very end I added only like 1 tbsp of the superfood (I was only making 1 serving of my smoothie). It didn't alter the color in anyway but there was a slight taste of the superfood that peeked through, not immensely but noticeable. The smoothie was actually quite sweet with all the fruits so it masked the taste of the superfood pretty well I think.


I quite enjoy having my smoothies early morning as like a starter to my breakfast that way I get my servings of fruit out of the way and don't have to worry about getting them. I'm going to try and do a smoothie a day that way I get into the habit of it. Its really easy and quick to make, the only thing that I hate doing is cleaning the blender afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment