Friday, November 25, 2011

Old Fashioned Vegan Pumpkin Pie

I wanted to put up this recipe despite thanksgiving passing, because it was my first vegan thanksgiving. I had to find a way to alter the recipes I loved and always used to fit my new lifestyle and I'm actually really happy with my success. More on the other recipes soon!
This is the pumpkin pie recipe that I have used countless times and will always use, for me there is no other pumpkin pie recipe to try. Here are the original ingredients and measurements with its adjusted ones.


For a 9 inch pie:


2 Eggs  (You can use an egg substitute but since I didn't have I used 2 tblsp of Coconut cream)
1 canned pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 cloves 
1 2/3 cup evaporated milk or cream   (substitute with Non-dairy milk like soy,almond or rice)


Makes: 2 9 inch pans   Bake time: 45-50 mins or until knife comes out clean


I have made this recipe without cloves also and the taste is still very good. I used coconut cream because it's great at adhering things together when baking. So based on the amount of eggs I substitute it for tablespoons of coconut cream. I made my own crust with it that was very simple but store bought one's are just as good.




No comments:

Post a Comment