Saturday, November 5, 2011

Vegan Diet: Lunch

I have been craving lasagna for weeks now and when I attempted it twice they ended up being massive fails. I was off my cooking game then but I'm happy to say i'm back. It tasted sooo good just like regular lasagna. I've made vegetarian lasagna before but never vegan so this was my first time. I used some soy crumbles,spinach and mozarella "cheese". The only thing is that the sauce was a little too sweet for my liking but it still tasted awesome. With the seasoning playing a big role.

                                     I only made two layers so it was pretty thin but still satisfying,
                                              I didn't want to make a lot and have it go to waste.
                                            I had this with two slices of avocado also on the side.

While that was cooking I decided to have my fruit intake for the day and decided to make a smoothie. I sliced up a banana, 3 slices of pineapple, a handful of frozen strawberries and some vanilla soy milk. I don't usually care for smoothies when I make them because I can never get a good consistency. This time it came out pretty good, it was a good mix. 

After serving myself a cupful there was still some left over




No comments:

Post a Comment