Sunday, November 6, 2011

Vegan Diet:It's a wrap

I had been craving wraps for some time after having a really delicious one last month. It was a hummus,bell pepper,avocado and cheddar cheese hummus. It was such a simple wrap and tasted so good that I needed to recreate something like it. 
Unfortunately I had no avocado when I made it the first time and then the second time there was no avocado left. I made this for dinner because I wanted something fulfilling that wasn't heavy.

                                    I used a whole grain tortilla, some white bean hummus, daiya 
                                 mozarella cheese, ground flaxseed,nutritional yeast and a tomato. I seasoned
                                         the tomato with a little bit of lime juice, salt and pepper.

I served it with a side of unsalted corn tortilla chips.

I guarantee if you tried this out you would love it. I made one for my sister only using real cheese on hers. Its such a simple meal but it tastes so good that its worth it. My sister even said "Its so good and I don't even know why." Its a healthy simple meal that works well for lunch or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment