Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Vegan BLT Lunch

I have been a bit MIA this past week and it's due in part to feeling under the weather. The other part is that for some reason or other everything I cooked last week ended in a massive fail. Nothing was coming out right so this week I've been hesitant to try anything extravagant. I started it off with a sandwich that I found myself craving for breakfast.
I loved regular Blt sandwiches and for whatever reason they came to mind and I wanted to give it a try. It's a simple easy sandwich and I had it again yesterday for lunch because it was so good. All you need is; bread, "bacon", lettuce, tomato, "mayo" and french fries.


I used two strips of vegan bacon and in a pan with a small amount of oil cooked it until it was crispy, I also added a bit of salt in the oil to give it that salty bacon taste.
Then using some bread I lightly toasted it and spread a thin film of vegan mayonnaise on one side, adding the bacon atop it.
I cut up some lettuce and slices of tomato and seasoned them with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon. I put the lettuce and tomato on the other side of the bread and closed to eat.
I also cooked some fries as a side and  put some ketchup and barbecue on the side.






No comments:

Post a Comment