Sunday, November 6, 2011

Vegan Diet: Dessert

Ever since giving up dairy I haven't really been able to have any dessert. The most I've had has been teddy grahams with chocolate soy milk. I missed chocolate and cakes, so I finally bought what I needed to bake. This was my first time ever baking from scratch and surprisingly it was very simple. Rather than make a whole cake I decided to just make cupcakes, I made some plain and others chocolate chips. The chocolate chip ones were my favorite. The batter was moist, a little bit chewy but not raw. My only complaint would be that it was a little too sweet for me so next time I'll use less sugar. 

                                               They came out so nice and golden

I had my cupcake with a side of chocolate soy milk just to get a little more chocolate in :)

The ingredients were as follows; Baking soda, Flour, salt, sugar, soy milk, vanilla extract, vinegar, oil.

Instead of using oil I subbed it in for some vegan butter. Also because I ran out of vinegar I used lime juice instead and it wasn't noticeable

No comments:

Post a Comment