Monday, November 7, 2011

Peanut Noodles

I haven't made these in so long, but since I have had a craving for Asian food I wanted to make it again. It's pretty simple to make all you need are; carrots,broccoli,peanut butter, soy sauce, cilantro, garlic, pepper, paprika and noodles (I used whole grain spaghetti, linguine will work fine).


Step one: Bring a pot of water to a boil to cook your pasta. I used a double boiler to cook my noodles on the bottom and then steam my vegetables on the top. 


Step two: Taking a small bowl mix up your peanut butter and soy sauce so that the peanut butter isn't as thick (you can use some water to thin it out as well if you don't want to use too much soy sauce).


Step three: Mix in all of your seasonings to the soy and peanut butter mixture.


Step four: Taking a pan or pot (nonstick, or if not then lightly oil it to prevent sticking) and pour in your spaghetti (of course they should have already been boiled and cooked previously).


Step five: Pour in your mixture onto the spaghetti, mixing it together for a couple of minutes. 


Step 6: After I've stirred the spaghetti for a couple of minutes insuring that it absorbs the flavors I then throw in the vegetables I steamed (cutting them smaller before I put them in). Stir everything for another couple of minutes and then determine when its done. 


I ran out of soy sauce so my noodles came out more thick than I had wanted but it still tasted good



Serve by itself or with some rice if you'd like and you will have a fulfilling meal. I have made it in the past with other ingredients like onions, lettuce and the like. You can pretty much put in whatever you'd like. It's such a simple meal but tastes good and fills you up. I added some grounded up flax in mine and nutritional yeast but that is completely optional.


Try this out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment