Saturday, November 12, 2011

Vegan:Breakfast

So this morning I decided to try and make Pancakes. I don't eat pancakes often being more of an oatmeal or cream of wheat fan but occassionally I have one. I made some about two weeks ago using buckwheat flour and the consistency was about the same. Only thing was that I used water instead of milk and too much cinnamon last time, they were very sweet (although my sister disagreed). Any way the recipe's pretty simple all you need is:


1 cup of flour
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp oil or butter
1 egg replacer (like bananas) or nothing at all I've skipped using it
1 cup non dairy milk (I think almond milk would be a nice choice but I have used water or soy milk)


I mixed all the dry ingredients together and then mixed in the wet ingredients until there were no lumps. 
You can add other things in it like chocolate chips, bananas or cinnamon (which I used). I let it cook on low-medium heat and then served it with some syrup. 



I accompanied my pancakes with a bottle of water and a fruit smoothie consisting of 3 apples, a handful of strawberries and some vanilla soy milk. 




Everything was quick to make which is ideal and it tasted good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment