Thursday, December 8, 2011

Creamy Vegan Sauce with Pasta and Veggies

I wanted to have a bit of pasta but without any kind of tomato based sauce. I decided to try and make a white creamy sauce kind of like Alfredo but not completely. When I ate animal products I really didn't enjoy white sauces all that much as they felt heavy in my stomach after eating. This sauce was anything but. I didn't have that gross heavy feeling afterwards and I enjoyed the taste. 
Originally I wanted to make it with some spinach but I didn't have any. 


You will need:


Vegan cream cheese
Nutritional yeast
Garlic
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Water
Soy Milk
Any Vegetables of your choosing (I used asparagus and string beans)


So after my pasta was already boiled I started to make my sauce. In a small pan I put about 2 1/2 tbsp of cream cheese, 1-2 tbsp soy milk, about 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast, a sprinkle of paprika, 1 diced clove of garlic, salt and pepper to taste. On low heat the cream cheese will start melting and you can mix everything together. If you like the consistency that it is (a little thick) then just toss in your pasta mix and serve. 




I didn't want the sauce to be so thick so I added in a bit of water to thin it out. Then I poured in my serving of pasta and mixed it with the sauce. After plating it I then scooped some veggies on top and sprinkled some flax. 




This recipe is only for one serving so if you want to make for more than just adjust the recipe to do so. I sauteed my veggies with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and a bit of butter. 


I was pleasantly surprised with this dish since I was winging it but it turned out pretty good. Now I have a recipe to try whenever I'm in the mood for a creamy white sauce.


Try it out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment