Sunday, December 11, 2011

Potato Salad and BBQ chicken



I never got to put this post up before thanksgiving so I figured I would put it up now. It's two recipes you can make for anytime of the year, are really simple and tasty.

Ingredients for our BBQ chicken are: Barbecue Sauce,cilantro, milk, basil, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, cornflakes.
In a resealable bag or a blender grind up the cornflakes(or you can use breadcrumbs). Then when it is all mixed add in whatever spices you'd like (cilantro, paprika etc.) I use dry spices for this part. 

Then I add the milk, crushed garlic and more seasonings in a resealable bag  (or container). Taking your pieces of fake chicken (I chose unseasoned seitan) put them in the liquid marinade and let sit in the fridge for as long as you'd like. I left them alone for around an hour. 

Then put some oil in a pan and let it heat up while you are going to take a bowl and pour in some barbecue sauce. 

Dip your pieces of seasoned chicken in the BBQ sauce and then toss it into the mixture of "bread crumbs" that you made, coating it evenly. 

Make sure the oil is hot before you throw in your pieces of chicken. When it is just let them fry until golden brown on both sides. 

You can place them on some paper towels to soak up the excess oil and then serve with your meal. 

I really liked how this chicken ended tasting, I loved the crunch and the flavors inside. I had this with some potato salad and it was a nice balance. 


Potato Salad ingredients are: Carrots, Red Potatoes, Vegan Mayo, Salt and Pepper. 
OPTIONAL: Tofu,nutritional yeast, flax and Vegan Bacon 

This is such an easy thing to make you boil the potatoes and carrots until tender then let them cool and cut them. I also have made it with some bacon (fake) bits and some eggs (tofu) and it always comes out delicious. I sprinkle some nutritional yeast and some flax after coating them in mayo (vegannaise) and that's it.


I made plenty for thanksgiving and had leftovers for days. My favorite was to eat the potato salad with the chili, the mix of hot and cold was just so good.




Try this out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment