Sunday, December 25, 2011

Holiday Food

This christmas I was a bit lazy about cooking for myself but I managed to make a little something to eat. My favorite thing about the holidays has always been when they make honey ham at home. That was definitely something that I missed on thanksgiving and this time I decided to make my own. It's quite easy really, and to accompany it I chose to make seasoned potatoes and a little avocado alfalfa sprout salad.


Here's what you will need: Raisins, Brown sugar, Water, Maple Syrup, seitan, salt, mustard, BBQ sauce, olive oil, potatoes

So for the potatoes I used some red potatoes and cut them in small peices. Then I tossed them with some olive oil, BBQ sauce and mustard. I put them in a pan in the oven covered and let them cook until soft.


For the Honey Ham this is what I did.
Taking a pan and putting it on medium heat I added some water (the quantity depends on how much sauce you will want to make). Then I added some brown sugar,salt and the raisins as well. Putting the fire up a bit the sugar should start to caramelize. One the sauce starts to thicken you can add your pieces of fake meat and cook it together on lower heat.

Another way to do it if you didn't have any brown sugar or if the sauce wasn't thick enough is to add some maple syrup.

Both of these are such easy dishes and the pairing of sweet mock meat with savory potatoes is a nice combination.

Give this a try and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment