Thursday, December 15, 2011

Vegetables in Garlic Sauce

`
This recipe actually came about through my brother, we were hungry and I didn't know what to cook. He thought it would be a good idea to make veggies in garlic sauce like they make in the Chinese restaurants. Since I had already made a pot of white rice I let him make it.

You will need: Terriyaki sauce, garlic, mixed vegetables (we used a stir fry mix from trader joes), spinach, broccoli, cornstarch, water, pepper optional

All you need to do is take a pan throw in the veggies you'd like and all the seasonings minus the cornstarch. You can put in 1tsp to start and as it cooks check the thickness of the gravy. You don't want to put a lot of cornstarch at first unless it gets too thick. Let it cook on medium heat and cover it with a lid. After its the consistency that you'd like then just serve.
Made a pot of rice to accompany it



Then because I just wanted some beans I took some refried beans from a can.


The Veggies in garlic sauce came out so tasty, can't wait to try this again. Especially since it's just so simple.


Try this out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment