Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lunch or Dinner Option

This meal I made was for lunch and it consisted of only 4 things, rice, tomato, string beans and tofu. I had some Nasoya extra firm tofu and really wanted some rice so I decided to put it together. My tofu was frozen so after defrosting I placed it on some napkins with something heavy to take out some of the moisture. Afterwards I cut them into slices about 1 inch thick and then halved them. Then I started working on my maranade, which consisted of:

A sprinkle of crushed basil
A sprinkle of Paprika
A slice of onion finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic pureed
2 splashes of lemon juice
A pinch of salt and pepper
A sprinkle of nutritional yeast
A tiny dash of olive oil
About 2 tblsp of barbeque mix
About 1 tbsp of mustard

I mixed that all together and then placed my cubed tofu coating it as much as possible. I let that sit and marinade for about 2 hours so that the flavors could set in. Then because I knew I wanted to fry them I made the coating, which consisted of:

A handful of cornflakes
A handful almost equal of flour
A sprinkle of nutritional yeast
A pinch of paprika
A pinch of salt and pepper

Taking the tofu that had marinaded I simply covered it with the breading and fried it until golden brown.

I served it with some rice and string beans that I had made earlier and then I cut up some tomato slices to accompany it.

I always use only one kind of dressing on my salads and that consists of; olive oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), salt and pepper. Its easy and delicious, I've always prefered this to any gooey dressings.





No comments:

Post a Comment